The Club’s long time trail coordinator, Steve Duffield, is stepping down from the position to focus on other interests. He will continue to work on the Osprey nesting platform project. Steve’s knowledge of the flora and fauna found along the trail is unparalleled. Thank you, Steve, for your labour of love, working with volunteers to keep the trail in tip top condition.
Do you enjoy being outside in nature?
Are you handy at carpentry and experienced in operating a chainsaw?
Do you have time to visit the trail a couple times a month?
The Club is looking for a new volunteer trail coordinator to maintain our 4.5 km Macnamara Nature Trail in Arnprior. Typically, you’ll need to donate one or two hours a week, but more time may be required from time-to-time for maintenance activities and special projects. You can call on volunteers from the club to help with different aspects of the trail. Nominal costs for chainsaw fuel and maintenance will be reimbursed.
We need your help to:
- Keep the trail in good condition through regular maintenance with help from club volunteers. The trail should be clear of obstructions, clear from encroaching brush, well marked, and safe from falling trees. Boardwalks and observation tower(s) should be kept in good repair.
- Keep the trailhead kiosk in good condition and welcoming. Other club members will post current club and trail information at the kiosk. Unauthorized postings should be removed.
- Check on the bird feeders and seed storage locker. (Other members will keep these stocked and maintain the feeders.)
- With help from the club, schedule and organize trail maintenance activities using volunteers from the club and the community. Help to engage the local community by involving high school students who need volunteer hours.
- Organize and carry out special projects as needed, such as small building projects or repairs, with help from other volunteers.
- Provide a monthly report to the club executive on the status/activities/issues of the trail. A brief email is fine.
Contact us at email@example.com if you’re interested.