Date: Saturday 30 April
Time: 6:30 am – 8:30 am (approx.) for the keeners (registration for early time closed)
9:00 am – 11:00 am for those less enthusiastic about dawn birding (spots remaining)
Meeting Location: Clay Bank Nature Park – Off White Lake Road toward the Claybank Boat Launch
Please park in the large parking lot near the gardens. Not at the boat launch.
Click here for map: map
Please no dogs for any MFNC outing.
Leader: Michael Runtz
Michael will lead the group through the park to listen and look for birds as part of a survey. Bring your ears and binoculars if you have them. (The club has a few extra pairs of binoculars, not ears – please let me know when you register if you would like to borrow some).
A note about Covid: While COVID restrictions have eased, you are still asked to maintain physical distancing. Please bring and wear a mask where physical distancing is not possible. Please do not come if you are ill or have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid 19 or have been told to isolate. Notification of cancellation as soon as possible would be appreciated.
You may register yourself and anyone in your own household only. Confirmation emails will be sent. Please do not assume you are registered if you have not received and email.
Register for this outing at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday April 28th.
- The full names of all in your household who will be attending;
- Your preferred start time;
- A statement that you have read and answered “No” to all questions on the attached COVID questionnaire.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Macnamara Field Naturalists’ Club Pre-trip COVID-19 Questionnaire
Dear potential field trip participant,
We know that field trips have been an appreciated feature of your Macnamara Field Naturalists’ Club membership and while we have had to scale down our numbers to keep participants and leaders safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are glad to have been able to keep them running for some of that time. We have one change while the risk of spreading COVID-19 continues: Field trip participants will be required to read and attest that they have answered no to all questions on this pre- trip questionnaire.
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: fever/feverish, new or existing cough, difficulty breathing, new loss or decrease in sense of taste or smell, runny nose, sneezing (non-allergy related), hoarse voice, nasal congestion, chills, headache, unexplained fatigue or malaise, difficulty swallowing, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, pink eye? YES / NO
- Have you traveled internationally or had close contact with anyone who has travelled outside Canada within the last 14 days? YES / NO
- Have you been tested positive for COVID or have you had close contact with anyone with respiratory illness or a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case in the last 14 days without wearing the required or recommended PPE (e.g. goggles, gloves, mask and gown)? YES / NO
The Field Trip Coordinator will advise you by email if you have forgotten to include the statement but cannot hold your place in the registration queue until your statement has been received.
Prior to or on the day of the field trip: Please review this questionnaire. If you answer “YES” to any questions in the questionnaire above, do not attend this field trip and please contact the Field Trip Coordinator at email@example.com as soon as possible to deregister you so that someone on the waiting list may take your place. You do not have to report any of the answers to the questionnaire; Just request to be removed from the list.
During the two weeks after attending a field trip: If you experience any of the symptoms in question #1 or you test positive for COVID-19, please notify the Field Trip Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org so that other participants may be informed of their potential exposure. Your confidentiality will be respected.
THANK YOU – YOUR COOPERATION WILL HELP KEEP US ALL SAFE